Thursday, July 3, 2014

The Clean Program

This past few weeks have been incredibly stressful for me at work.  I'm dealing with two issues that are affecting me both physically and mentally: a boss who seems determined to get me to quit and shift work that is destroying my ability to sleep.  So, I haven't been feeling too great!



I've spent the past few days reading a book called "Clean" by Dr. Alejandro Junger.  It's a three week cleanse program that helps detox your body and aid it in being able to function more normally and effectively.  I've never really been a cleansing person, but this program really appeals to me.  It seems more like a lifestyle change, rather than a harsh program.  And anything that actually gets fruit and veg into my diet has got to be a good thing.  I have been feeling pretty crappy for the last few years and I know that it's due in huge part to the food that I eat.  If it's processed, instant, and/or microwaveable, it's probably in my kitchen!  Fresh food?  You can buy that???!?

I think I'm going to follow the program for the full three weeks, since I really need some healthy food in my life.  I'm not buying their fancy supplements, but just following the dietary portion.  I'm going to go the expensive route for the first week and buy smoothies either from my local organic café or from Whole Foods.  I'll probably buy lunch from Whole Foods too.  It's going to cost a lot of money, but I'm trying to make it as easy as possible on myself.  If I stick with it for a week, then I'm going to investigate buying a good quality blender to make my own smoothies.

I have a bit of a crazy work schedule, but I think I can do it.  Shift work really does wreak havoc with my system sometimes.  And even something as simple as finding a place that open and sells smoothies when I'm awake could be a challenge when I'm living with weird hours.  With some planning, I think I can do this.

I'll keep you updated on how it's going.  I'm going to start on Sunday.

The book is fantastic and full of information.  They also have a website (www.cleanprogram.com), but that just seems to be a place to sell their supplements.  I recommend getting the book.  I borrowed mine from the library, so it didn't even cost me anything, and it contains all the information you need.

No comments:

Post a Comment